With the old season finished and a new season a few weeks away, at least for most of you in the northern hemisphere, now is a good time to archive your results and spring clean your data. That way you will remove all the clutter from your account, but still retain access to your old results for historical purposes.
There is a help page on the subject giving all the details. Basically the procedure is as follows:
- Save your data to a Hal file (Admin menu) so that you can restore everything if anything goes wrong. You can also open the Hal file with the offline version of Hal (Hal's Race Results - available from the Microsoft Store) and do any analysis you may wish.
- Send your results to the Hal archive server (Admin menu) so that they will always be visible on the web for posterity.
- Copy any of this year's series that will be repeated in next year's schedule by opening the series in edit mode and copying it to the same racing class 52 weeks ahead (Schedule menu). Note 52 weeks not 1 year, because that will keep the races on the same days of the week.
- Spring clean your data (Schedule menu). Remove all series whose last race was before a certain date, say 1 January 2022.
- Go through the racing classes and boats removing any that are no longer needed.
You should now have a slimmed-down set of data that is easy to work with in the new season.